Presented by Dr. Christopher Bloom
Certified Gottman Therapist and Certified Workshop Leader
Created by Dr. John Gottman and Dr. Julie Gottman
Discover The Art and Science of Love at the world-renowned weekend workshop for couples presented by Dr. Christopher Bloom.
- 2 days filled with engaging presentations and experiential activities designed to confirm, strengthen, or restore your love
- For all couples in a committed relationship
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy
- Has produced positive results for 94% of those who attend
Based on over 40 years of research with thousands of couples, The Art and Science of Love workshop will give you new insights and research-based skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you manage conflict in a healthy, positive way. Along with the memory of re-connecting and the knowledge that “we can do this,” you will take home a box set of cards, tools, and tips to support your relationship in your everyday lives.
The workshop is grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable.
Our curriculum is developed from 40 years of research with more than 3,000 couples. It’s grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable, not idealistic notions or anecdotal evidence of what marriage ought to be. The workshop has produced positive results for 94% of those who attended based on 2016 exit surveys.
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to foster further closeness, friendship, and trust. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of your relationship and a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved.
All work is done as a couple in private and Gottman trained therapists are available to support one-on-one during exercises. This workshop is psycho-educational and not therapy.
As a result of this workshop, you will learn how to:
Foster respect, affection, and closeness; build and share a deeper connection with each other; keep conflict discussions calm, break through and resolve conflict gridlock; and strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship.
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on them
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the 6 skills for effective conflict resolutions
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship
For more information about upcoming workshops view The Art and Science of Love Workshop schedule.